Businesses are subject to various regulations depending in which sector they operate. Some of the common ones involve employees, safety, and environmental regulations.
Types of Domestic and International Compliance Requirements
- Labor laws through the US Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Tennessee Occupational Safety and Health Administration (TOSHA)
- Environmental compliance through the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation
- Labor laws through the US Department of Labor and through the Wage & Hour Division
- Federal Aviation Regulations for company owned or company operated aircraft
- Coast Guard and maritime regulations for shipping in commerce or for company owned, operated, or leased vessels, both off-shore and on inland navigable waterways
- General licensing issues for the industry in which the business may operate